Big Data Engineer
Reston, VA – Full Time
DataSync Technologies is looking for several Big Data Engineers to help support our Customer. Be a part of an award-winning, employee friendly company in Northern VA and have the satisfaction of helping keep America safe. DataSync Technologies, Inc is a veteran-owned small business providing consulting excellence and real-time solutions for customers with complex information technology needs within Intelligence Community. Our cleared consultants bring real-world experience with a common sense approach to their jobs whether they are creating complex analytic dashboards, architecting new cloud technology infrastructures, securing sensitive data or streamlining business processes for efficiency.
Qualified candidates must be able to develop, maintain, test and evaluate big data solutions within organizations. Candidates must be able to build large-scale data processing systems, be an expert in data warehousing solutions and should be able to work with the latest (NoSQL) database technologies.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH ACTIVE GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCES AND APPROPRIATE POLY WILL BE CONSIDERED. MUST BE A US CITIZEN.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or software engineering preferred
- Experience with object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns as well as experience in engineering (commercial or open source) software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures.
- Ability to architect highly scalable distributed systems, using different open source tools.
- Experience building high-performance algorithms.
- Extensive knowledge of different programming or scripting languages such as Java, Linux, C++, PHP, Ruby, Phyton and/or R.
- Experience with different (NoSQL or RDBMS) databases such as MongoDB needed.
- Experience building data processing systems with Hadoop and Hive using Java or Python
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Experience in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows;
- AWS experience
Why work for us? DataSync is able to attract and retain consultants who desire to work in a small business with entrepreneurial spirit. DataSync has a responsive relationship to our customers because our staff have a directly vested interest in the success of the company.
DataSync is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Female/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law
Information about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Employee Polygraph Act (EPPA) provisions in addition to other Federal labor laws can be found at http://webapps.dol.gov/dolfaq/go-dol-faq.asp?faqid=537
DataSync is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
www.twitter.com/Jobs at DataSync (@DatasyncJobs)
#datasynctech on Instagram