JAVA/Web Developer – Junior
Engineering Services – Reston, VA – Full Time
DataSync Technologies is looking for several Java/Web Developers.
Be a part of an award-winning, employee friendly company in Northern VA and have the satisfaction of helping keep America safe. DataSync Technologies, Inc is a veteran owned small business providing consulting excellence and real time solutions for customers with complex information technology needs within Intelligence Community. Our cleared consultants bring real world experience with a common sense approach to their jobs whether they are creating complex analytic dashboards, architecting new cloud technology infrastructures, securing sensitive data or streamlining business processes for efficiency.
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH ACTIVE GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCES
AND APPROPRIATE POLY WILL BE CONSIDERED.
MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN.
- Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Designs and develops user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Creates multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Demonstrated experience with JAVA / J2EE Programming Experience
- Demonstrated experience with programming web technologies and must include JSP, JSF, Struts, XML, XSLT
- Demonstrated experience working with Unix/Linux/Solaris Operating system environments
- Experience with writing SQL, PL/SQL complex queries using Oracle, MySQL, DB2 databases
- Experience with application performance tuning, optimization, and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated experience in Web User Interface Design and Object Oriented design
- Must be able to interact with a wide range of people from clerical staff, developers, senior management and vendors
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related IT field, or experience that would provide equivalent knowledge
- Minimum 2 to 4 years’ experience preferred; will consider strong candidates with less experience on an individual basis
DataSync is able to attract and retain consultants who desire to work in a small business with entrepreneurial spirit. DataSync has a responsive relationship to our customers because our staff have a directly vested interest in the success of the company.
DataSync is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Female/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law
Information about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Employee Polygraph Act (EPPA) provisions in addition to other Federal labor laws can be found at http://webapps.dol.gov/dolfaq/go-dol-faq.asp?faqid=537
DataSync is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.