To succeed in a competitive economy, businesses rely on sophisticated, data-driven tools that help them make long-term planning decisions and set a course for growth. DataSync’s business intelligence services encompass a range of different capabilities, with a focus on meeting the specific needs of government contractors in the Washington, DC Metro area.
Our Business Intelligence division uses a combination of technical expertise and big-picture visioning to help you achieve your goals. Learn more about some of the specific ways we can help you, or browse our portfolio for information about some of the work we’ve done for high-profile clients including Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman.
Past Performance Summary
The Business Intelligence division provides customers with the ability to analyze their business using reporting, dashboard development, and planning software. The current software used includes IBM Cognos Business Intelligence, IBM Cognos TM1 and IBM SPSS, Costpoint and Qlik. The skills set to accomplish this task includes system integration, database engineering, Cognos report development, budgeting, and financial planning.
Our capabilities include providing business intelligence for government contractors in Virginia and beyond. We work with our clients to analyze and build analytic interfaces to meet their business needs, mentoring junior consultants to allow for knowledge transfer, building graphical interfaces, understanding database design, and working with database administrators to performance tune queries needed to better fulfill customer needs. The Business Intelligence management team at DataSync’s DC-area offices has worked with over 50 different business intelligence projects.
The current software used includes IBM Cognos Business Intelligence, IBM Cognos TM1 and IBM SPSS, Costpoint, Qlik and ZoomData.
DataSync’s Business Intelligence division can provide services related to data architecture and engineering, and enterprise report development. This includes:
- Enhancing reporting and process automation
- Providing planning, budgeting, forecasting and analysis for project efficiency and redirection through utilization of predictive analytics
- Creating data visualizations to bring data to life for interpretation and analysis through clean, content rich, interactive and user friendly dash boards
- Providing configuration management strategies and process improvement
- Generating metrics to monitor health of the organization, help set targets and effectively allocate resources
- Structuring, monitoring and maintaining Data Marts and Enterprise Wide Data Warehouses
- Tracing data lineage and performing data mining
- Developing and maintaining data workflow and infrastructure models
We have experience with structured, unstructured and metadata, and have the technical background necessary to perform discover and integration services related to:
- Software: Microsoft Office Suite, QlikView, Tableau, IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 8.x, IBM Cognos TM1, IBM SPSS, IBM Cognos Transformer, Infosphere Datastage, IBM DataStage, IBM Cognos Report Studio, IBM Cognos Framework Manager, IBM Cognos InSight, COSTPOINT Financial Software Oracle (8i,9i,10g), IBM DB2, Sybase, MS SQL Server, MS Office, Lotus Notes, SAP R/3, IBM QMF, CICS, ISPF, Embarcadero DB Artisan,
- Databases: Oracle , Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase, Greenplum, Hadoop
- Platforms: Windows, Linux, Unix, Solaris, AIX
- Methodologies: Agile, PMF